Mass Stipends: If you who wish to give mass stipends please write the intention and if there is a donation, include it and drop it to the Priests in the presbytery mail box. Thank you!
If you would like to donate online please go to :- (this can also be gift aided)
CAFOD Lenten appeal and resources available; more from this link;
If you are a UK taxpayer, you could add 25p to every £1 that you give to this parish at no cost to yourself by enabling us to reclaim the tax that you have paid on your donation, with Gift Aid. Simply put your donation in a completed and signed Gift Aid envelope and we’ll do the rest.
Thank you again to the parishioners for their continued donations and gift aid envelopes. God Bless.

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is a government scheme that allows your parish to reclaim the tax that you have paid on your donation. It works like this. If you are a taxpayer and give £10 to your parish, you will have paid tax on that amount. Your parish can get £2.50 back with Gift Aid, so your donation of £10 would become worth £12.50 and it wouldn’t cost you an extra penny!

Here are some examples of how much extra money your parish could get in just one year.

Weekly Amount Given Total Amount Given After One Year Extra Money From Gift Aid Total Amount With Gift Aid
£1 £52 £13 £65
£3 £156 £39 £195
£5 £260 £65 £325
£10 £520 £130 £650

How do I sign Up for Gift Aid?

All you have to do is complete a Gift Aid form (available in the Church porch), and drop it off at the Presbytery.
The form requires you to:

  • Give your name, your address, the date and the name of your parish.
  • Sign a declaration saying that you are a UK taxpayer and that you pay more tax than the amount that your parish will reclaim.

How much tax must I pay?

You can Gift Aid all your donations, providing that the amount of tax you have paid (from your wage, salary, pension or investments) is more than the amount claimed. For example, if you give your parish £250 over a year, you will need to have paid at least £62.50 in tax.

How does Gift Aid work?

Once you have signed up for Gift Aid, your parish will need to keep a record of how much you have given. So you will be asked to put all your donations in special numbered envelopes or to pay by banker’s order or cheque. ‘Loose plate’ donations can’t be included because there is no record of the amount given.

What happens if I change my mind, stop paying tax or move?

You can increase the amount that you give or you can stop giving at any time, but you must tell your parish if you stop paying tax or if you change your address.

Can both a husband and a wife make a donation with Gift Aid?

Yes. If you both pay tax, you should both sign a Gift Aid form and make sure that your parish knows who is giving what. For example, you may both want to have your own set of numbered envelopes or you can tell your parish how you want the donation split if, for example, you pay by cheque and have a joint bank account.

What if I already have a covenant?

Your parish can still get back the tax that you have paid with your covenant but, if you want to change the amount that you give, you will need to sign a Gift Aid form.

What happens to higher rate taxpayers?

If you pay the higher rate of tax, you can also get back some of the tax that you have paid for yourself when you complete your tax return. What this means is that if, for example, you give £100 and Gift Aid it, your parish not only gets an extra £25 but you get £25 back as well – so it only costs you £75 to give £125.

Is Gift Aid confidential?

The amount that you give will be completely confidential and you don’t have to tell your parish how much you earn or give any personal details.

no images were found